New Delhi: Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has relaunched its website. IRCTC is the most popular platform to book railway tickets. For the convenience of the website users, it is offering train bookings on both old and new website.
Some of the features of the new website are as follows-
- The new website does not require username and password for enquiring about trains. You can enquire about trains, seat availability and PNR without logging. The older version of the website gave access to only registered users.
- The new website has a clear appearance and it’s not messy with a lot of information like that of the previous website. This gives more space to advertisers to publish their advertisements on the website. The website is also handy with date and time.
- The new website also gives an estimation whether a train ticket in waiting list has chances of getting confirmed or not. The unique feature has been introduced by filling into an algorithm the booking data from the past 13 years. The algorithm prepared by CRIS (Centre for Railway Information Systems), gives robust estimates. About 13 lakh train tickets are booked everyday against 10.5 lakh available berths on IRCTC website.
- The new website automatically alters the layout and caters more seamlessly to devices of various sizes. This makes the mobile and tablet experience more user-friendly.
- The new website also has the ‘Vikalp’ option on the very first window through which passengers can opt for alternate trains for their journey. The ‘Vikalp’ option will help passengers in case of waitlisted tickets.
- The website redesign is a latest upgrade the IRCTC has undergone in recent months. Earlier, it had a tie-up with Ola for last-mile connectivity, a partnership with RazorPay to support UPI payments on the online portal, and tie-ups with several start-ups like Paytm, Mobikwik, and Hello Curry for a variety of services.
- Other than train ticket booking, the new website also offers services like exotic hill railways, charter railways, tourist trains, holiday packages and e-catering services. Passengers can also book these services with just one click.