· To evaluate the existing regulatory framework in the Health sector and examine its strength and weaknesses for enabling a balanced yet faster expansion of the health sector keeping in view India’s demographic profile;
· To suggest ways and means to optimize the use of existing financial resources and to incentivize the state governments’ effort on fulfillment of well-defined health parameters in India; and
· To holistically examine best international practices for the health sector and seek to benchmark our frameworks to these practices for optimizing benefits keeping in mind our local issues.
In the context of ambitious schemes like Ayushman Bharat and also keeping in mind the needs of huge young population of the country, this is considered as an important step to understand the needs of the health sector in the country.
Finance Commission also organised a conference on agriculture in Chandigarh this month.
High Level Group on Health Sector will have following Convenor and Members:
- Dr. RandeepGuleria, Director, AIIMS, New Delhi (Convenor);
- Dr. Devi Shetty, Chairman, Narayana Health City, Bengaluru;
- Dr. DeelipGovindMhaisekar, Vice Chancellor, Maharashtra University of Health Science, Pune;
- Dr. NareshTrehan, Medanta City, Gurgaon;
- Dr. BhabatoshBiswas, Prof & HOD of Cordio Thoracic Surgery, R.G.Kar Medical College, Kolkata; and
- Prof. K. Srinath Reddy, President of Public Health Foundation of India